Lincs Hunter FT Club: Butcher Rfd - Please Read - Lincs Hunter FT Club

Lincs HFT is pleased to announce that we are taking new memberships and renewals for the April 2017/April 2018 season.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Butcher Rfd - Please Read

#1 User is offline   thechemist 

• E=mc,,ouch!!!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lincs HFT Club Member

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

Thought long and hard about posting this, but needs to be done so that people are aware. Several years ago I purchased a non-working HW100 through a club member (no longer comes to club). I had to rebuild it, almost every seal had gone and the stock was a mess. After restoration I purchased an A&M quick fill cylinder. The old HW silencer just touched the cylinder and last week I decided to visit a local RFD (many will be aware of who this is and I should have known better as he does have a rather tarnished reputation) in order to get an adapter for screw on silencers (1/2 inch UNF now standard on HW's). He dug out an adapter and whilst it was a fit to the end of the barrel the grub screw would not hold. He said he could put some thread lock under the adapter to hold it on, and I thought at the time this would be OK as I would not be going back to the old HW slip on silencer.
He then disappeared off into another part of his business premises and was gone for about 20-25 minutes, by which time I became concerned. When he emerged all seemed fine.
A few days later I just happened to be polishing the stock when I noticed some damage to the cylinder which wasn't there before. I recently had the cylinder serviced and it came back fine. Also the gun has been in a cabinet since, so I can only assume it was damaged at the said RFD premises. I haven't gone back to him (no point, it would be denied), but just be aware that whilst you would have no risk buying pellets etc. off the guy IMHO DON't LET HIM TOUCH YOUR AIRGUNS!
Pic attached.
Attached File  butchered.JPG (316.02K)
Number of downloads: 12

#2 User is offline   AndyJak 

• Terry Doe's arch enemy no.1.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Member
  • Interests:HFT, Air pistols, drinking beer and kebab eating. Oh and riding my Z1000 Kawasaki.

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

View Postthechemist, on 12 March 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

Thought long and hard about posting this, but needs to be done so that people are aware. Several years ago I purchased a non-working HW100 through a club member (no longer comes to club). I had to rebuild it, almost every seal had gone and the stock was a mess. After restoration I purchased an A&M quick fill cylinder. The old HW silencer just touched the cylinder and last week I decided to visit a local RFD (many will be aware of who this is and I should have known better as he does have a rather tarnished reputation) in order to get an adapter for screw on silencers (1/2 inch UNF now standard on HW's). He dug out an adapter and whilst it was a fit to the end of the barrel the grub screw would not hold. He said he could put some thread lock under the adapter to hold it on, and I thought at the time this would be OK as I would not be going back to the old HW slip on silencer.
He then disappeared off into another part of his business premises and was gone for about 20-25 minutes, by which time I became concerned. When he emerged all seemed fine.
A few days later I just happened to be polishing the stock when I noticed some damage to the cylinder which wasn't there before. I recently had the cylinder serviced and it came back fine. Also the gun has been in a cabinet since, so I can only assume it was damaged at the said RFD premises. I haven't gone back to him (no point, it would be denied), but just be aware that whilst you would have no risk buying pellets etc. off the guy IMHO DON't LET HIM TOUCH YOUR AIRGUNS!
Pic attached.
Attachment butchered.JPG

No good if we don't know who you are a on about? :whistle:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users