Lincs Hunter FT Club: Beginners Dilema Pls Advise - Lincs Hunter FT Club

Lincs HFT is pleased to announce that we are taking new memberships and renewals for the April 2017/April 2018 season.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Beginners Dilema Pls Advise

#1 User is offline   epons300 

• Gat Gunner
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Member
  • Interests:Snooker,pool,darts,air rifles, rc cars

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

In me and the stepsons collection we have a crossman 1322 pistol , webley excel .22 (for stepson) . And can borrow a weihrauch hw77 (.22) from my dad, i want my own gun and thinking .177 because i wish to join our local boston lincolnshire hft,what guns do you suggest , im thinking a hw77 like me dads, tx200, or bsa lightning , or any others you suggest guys , you can buy the full package with a scope from the airguncentre , or is it best to get the parts seperate .I will be totally honest and say i picked this shop so i can pay 12 monthly instalements .

Next thing what would be a good springer for the boy , his excel he can shoot extremely well so is he ok with this or does he need something better to be competitive , he aint that big so a lighter springer would be needed this is why the webley is good at the minute thanks in advance .

#2 User is offline   Mcdemon 

• Shooterist
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Committee Member
  • Interests:Lincs Hunter Field Target Club and winding everybody up!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

You won't go far wrong with any HW or TX to be honest. The TX is better out the box being semi tuned and slightly better engineered. If you wish to try both I have a HW98 Dave Hall tuned and a TX200 both in .177 The TX is still better come to the club and you are welcome to try both.

The son is another matter a Hw99 takes some beating and would last him a long time as people really rave about them but he may struggle to cock it?

The other altenative would be a HW25 which is lightweight easy to cock but unfortunately not full power. I fear your son would out grow this fairly quickly.

What about a 2nd hand AA S200 PCP for the son? Superbly accurate and lightweight? We have one as a club gun that he could try?

Mark Carter

#3 User is offline   epons300 

• Gat Gunner
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

Yer love my dads hw77 , hes got a fair amount of strength as the young un, im just holding back buyin his incase he gets bored like kids do, ill get his 6 months or so away. Im really edging towards a hw77 in .177 so much choice ive been reading for 3months and still aint got a clue lol . Ive got limited experience but dont wanna buy twice either. Ty fof advice much appreciated .

#4 User is offline   epons300 

• Gat Gunner
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

Without bugging you for info , if i bought the hw99s and i shot it would it be a competitive springer, heres my thinking i use this for 6-12months then i upgrade and pass it on to stepson ? Or do i jump straight on a heavier underlever ummmm ?

#5 User is offline   epons300 

• Gat Gunner
  • Pip

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Will have a new weihrauch hw97kt in wood ,with a new hawke sport hd 3-9x40 scope . Thankyou for all your advice .

#6 User is offline   nick2 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Committee Member

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

You wont go far wrong with the 97 Epons.A good, solid, reliable, accurate gun.Enjoy

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users