Lincs Hunter FT Club: Hw 98 Warm Up - Lincs Hunter FT Club

Lincs HFT is pleased to announce that we are taking new memberships and renewals for the April 2017/April 2018 season.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hw 98 Warm Up

#1 User is offline   subdvr 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Member
  • Interests:Shooting (all types)
    F1

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hi Guys

I know a few of you have (or had experience with) the HW 98, mines only fired about a half tin of pellets through it so far from new.
I find it takes ten or more pellets to warm up, what I mean is that until Ive fired a few pellets through it, it doesn't come on to group well.
Has anyone else found this?

Once its warm, it shoots like a dream using AA Field 4.52

Thanks in advance

#2 User is offline   Mcdemon 

• Shooterist
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Committee Member
  • Interests:Lincs Hunter Field Target Club and winding everybody up!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

View Postsubdvr, on 12 June 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hi Guys

I know a few of you have (or had experience with) the HW 98, mines only fired about a half tin of pellets through it so far from new.
I find it takes ten or more pellets to warm up, what I mean is that until Ive fired a few pellets through it, it doesn't come on to group well.

Thanks in advance

Not noticed a warming up period but mine is not standard. Come along to the club and we will do the course together again when you are free and we can compare notes?

Mark

#3 User is offline   subdvr 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
    F1

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

View PostMcdemon, on 12 June 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

View Postsubdvr, on 12 June 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance

Not noticed a warming up period but mine is not standard. Come along to the club and we will do the course together again when you are free and we can compare notes?

Mark

Thanks Mark

#4 User is offline   nick2 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

I have not done any tinkering with springers, but could it be that it is a too much grease issue. Or maybe you just need to put more lead through it to get it to bed in. One of the other things that may help with a new gun is to give the barrel a good clean with a pull through

#5 User is offline   Nevbag 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lincs HFT Club Member
  • Interests:HFT, hunting, snooker, sex.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

View Postnick2, on 14 June 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

I have not done any tinkering with springers, but could it be that it is a too much grease issue. Or maybe you just need to put more lead through it to get it to bed in. One of the other things that may help with a new gun is to give the barrel a good clean with a pull through

I agree with Nick, if you haven't done so already give the barrel a good clean with a decent pull through to remove any preservative gunk.

Nev

#6 User is offline   subdvr 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
    F1

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Hi Nick, Nev

Had it out yesterday and fired two quick groups straight out of the bag, the results are below. Its obviously me, these groupings were at 30yds, AA Field 4.52, and fired fairly quickly. For a springer, this 98 is excellent, perhaps it was just a bedding in with some lead it needed, I feel a lot more confident now with it and will be up the club sometime soon to try it on the course again.
Small group is 5 shots, larger group is 10.
Orange inner is 12mm, White outer is 24mm, Black ring is 50mm. So not bad, only a very light wind too.
Thanks for all your advice, very much appreciated.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   nick2 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

looks like all is well Subdvr, now put it into practise on the HFT course :biggrin:

#8 User is offline   Nevbag 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lincs HFT Club Member
  • Interests:HFT, hunting, snooker, sex.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

Hmm, nice :welldone:/> . If your range finding skills are as good as your shooting skills with a springer then we have a serious competitor on our hands.

I borrowed Marks HW98 yesterday so that I could play with it for 10 minutes to see what all the fuss is about re springers.

Result??? :blink:/> :wtf2:/> :hmmph:/> :thumbsdown:/> :cry:/> I don't do springers.

atb

Nev.

#9 User is offline   subdvr 

• Plinker
  • PipPip
    F1

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostNevbag, on 16 June 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Hmm, nice Posted Image/> . If your range finding skills are as good as your shooting skills with a springer then we have a serious competitor on our hands.

I borrowed Marks HW98 yesterday so that I could play with it for 10 minutes to see what all the fuss is about re springers.

Result??? Posted Image/> Posted Image/> Posted Image/> Posted Image/> Posted Image/> I don't do springers.

atb

Nev.

lol, they can have that effect after using a PCP for a while. As for range finding, need to get back in practice with that! Will be up the club soon, will seek you out.

thanks

Trev

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users