Lincs Hunter FT Club: Minimum Club/shooting Age - Lincs Hunter FT Club

Lincs HFT is pleased to announce that we are taking new memberships and renewals for the April 2017/April 2018 season.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minimum Club/shooting Age

#1 User is offline   ShaneS 

• Gat Gunner
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Member

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Hi All, it might seem like a silly question but I can't seem to find the answer on the website. What is the minimum age for membership/shooting? My five year old has been target shooting with BB guns for a while and has surprised me at how accurate he is with a cheap plastic gun. He really enjoys target shooting and I wanted to get him into doing it properly from a distance and with more variety. Any ideas, hints or tips would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance for your help :-) Regards, Shane.

#2 User is offline   Cones 

• the one handed assassin!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Committee Member

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

Hi Shane,

Welcome to the club forum.

There is no minimum age. You would just need to be with him under close supervision to make sure that he able to understand the rules and shoot safely.

We have had people of a similar age before and most get on very well.

We have an Air Arms S200 as a club rifle that may be suitable for him to try shooting with. It depends on how it fits him, you may have to assist with loading etc.

Please feel free to come over and we will show you both round and you can see what is involved.

We have some platforms for smaller people so using the bench rest positions on the range should be no problem.

Thanks

Mark

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users